cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Saver: Access to the file path is not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I do have trouble with XML Saver. I wanna save files on my machine/a fileshare.

I created a folder and shared it with everyone in my organization.

I assigned some local xml variable (<root><row>test</row></root>) as XmlContent, as path I gave C:\Users\username\Desktop\FOLDER\test.xml in action configuration.

It shows the following error:

• [ERROR] [XML_Saver_0]XMLSaver: Access to the file path /C:/Users/username/Desktop/FOLDER/test.xml is not allowed

I also tried to set //C:....as path. same result. Seems to be an authorization issue...

But as that folder is shared with everyone (read/write) in my organization, there should not be any authorization issue.

Anybody got an idea?

For File Writer action, SAP help says there is an Internet Guest account for MII...anybody got an idea what that means?

I only found one topic but it does not solve my problem:

Thanks for support!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Navigate to SystemProperties on the Admin Menu and clear the "Default Path" field there. Then check your example.

Regards,

Anushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree, thx for your reply. Have not found time to check...will give u feedback!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anushree, finally could test but it still does ot solve the issue. Message now is

"System cannot find the path specified"... I am wondering if I give the path in the right Format..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay, got it...of course, I had picked the wrong filepath...I had to use \\computername\...

Thanks Anushree!

Answers (0)