Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Central journal entry in SAP BFC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We have multi-period budget process.

We have a formula defined in Category scenario level. According to which if we enter the data in DEC in a journal JAN to NOV data gets calculated.

Now when we enter the data in journal for DEC with Variants selection in journal, the data gets calculated for Jan to Nov and it is available at pre-consolidated - package amount level. But it will not appear at consolidated level.

In this case we restricting variant to BUD and consolidation definition is also having same variant. The consolidation runs for all 12 months consecutively.

If we remove the Variants selection, JAN to NOV data is calculated and also it is appearing at consolidated level correctly.

Can you please let me know what might be the issue here?

We are in SAP BFC 10.0 SP 16 version.

Thanks & Regards,

Shalini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

olivier_gentile
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Shalini,

I have been able to reproduce your issue on SAP BFC 10 (with a different SP so it is not linked to a specific service pack).

It seems to be the result of the combination of all these three items :

- a category scenario formula calculating an amount on a period different from the period of the original manual journal entry

- the use of a restriction in the original journal entry (either variant, scope or consolidation currency)

- the activation of the Process periods consecutively option in the consolidation definition

Change one of these three items and the amounts will be correctly loaded in the consolidation.

I have checked the data in the tables and it seems that the last value of the journal entry is not loaded in the consolidated table. Previous posted amounts of the same journal entry are correctly loaded, but the amounts are equal to zero - and this is working as intended - as normaly only the final value has to be accounted for in the consolidation.

For me this looks like a bug. It would be worth to report an incident to SAP on the support portal.

In the meantime I would suggest to use consolidation rules instead of category scenario formulas in order to do your calculations. But it could be tricky as the december period is processed at the end of your consolidation and therefore the amounts generated on previous periods won't be reprocessed by the set of rules. If you need to trigger rules on these amounts, instead of populating previous periods with december data, the approach would be to pull december figures at the beginning of the consolidation process into each previous periods (except december) that are sequentially run.

Alternatively you could think about your real need of having the Process periods consecutively option checked and try to evaluate the impact on your customization of having all periods processed at the same time (it will reduce consolidation run time, and if you don't have change in scope between your budget periods or don't carry forward the opening balances from one budget period to the next, it could be the right thing to do).

Unfortunately I did not find any better workaround.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the response.

For me also it seems to be system bug, so thought of getting some inputs from this portal.

I will not be able to use the workaround you have mentioned so I will try to raise a incident with SAP.

Thanks & Regards,

Shalini

Marc_Kuipers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

I think you need to provide some more details, as it is not very clear what you do

1) How is the category formula defined

2) You say "enter data in journal with variants selection" - can you provide a screenshot of what you do

3) How do you 'restrict' the consolidation to BUD ?

Thanks

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Marc,

Thanks for your response.

We have used below formula for JAN month and similar formulas are written for FEB to NOV months as well. When the data is entered for DEC month , the JAN to NOV month data is calculated using below formula.

{PE=+1.01;FL in FL2-270}={PE=+1.02}-{PE=+1.12}/12

The journal which is posted in DEC. Variants is restricted to BUD as highlighted in below image:

In the journal DEC data is entered, the data JAN to NOV is calculated as below which can be seen at the per-consolidated package amount level.

Now if the consolidation BUD-PH1-2015.10-SCOPE1-BUD-USD is run , the data for JAN to NOV which was calculated using category scenario formula doesn't appear at consolidated level even if the data is visible at pre-consolidated package amount level. DEC data gets consolidated without any issue.

But in case if we remove the Variants selection from the journal as below:

JAN to NOV gets calculated and it appears at the consolidated level as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Shalini