cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

schedule report to file system as destination, job success, but no file in the destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a crystal report on BI launch pad, I want to schedule this report to destination file system which have access to read and write, the job went to sucess, but there's no file found in the destination file system location.

can you tell me what's wrong?

thanks a lot,

Lola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

1. Login as Administrator in CMC

2. Go to servers > Server List > Adaptive Job server

3. Properties > Set the destination for File System

4. Set User name and pwd....(This user should have access to network folder)

5. Go back to schedule the report.

6. At the destination > Select the file system and don't enter username and pwd. But set the directory.

7. Run the report.

It worked for me after trying different things for whole day.!

Former Member
0 Kudos

make the destination server(same domain) firewall allowed connecting by BO server , then it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lola,

Change the " // " to " \\ " in the file destination directory path.  For example file:\\

Thanks,

Zach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi zach,

it is the same.

thanks,

Lola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lola,

Please be sure that the following points are met:

1. Provide the UNC path in the space provided for 'Directory' i.e \\BO servername\shared folder
  2. Provide the username and password of the account which has got the right to

write files to this directory.

You need to add the user to the "Allow Logon Locally" policy

To apply the policy (This must be done on the computer that the Job Server is
on)

1. Go to Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Local Security Settings
  2. Expand "Local Policies"
  3. Click on "User Rights Assignment"
  4. Find "Log On Locally"
  5. Right Click on it and select "Properties"
  6. Find the user and add the user

Note: If you specify a different account when scheduling, then you will need
to apply this policy to that account instead.

You can refer to the following SAP articles:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1351820

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1262840

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2195640

I hope that this could help

Best Regards,

Manoubia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoubia,

thanks for your reply, but i have one question.

should this user account a shared account?

if there's many users need to use file system as destination and these destination are all in different server ip, and is this possible to use file system, should the server administrator add all of the user names to the logon local policy?

And could this file system destination used as easy as the ftp destination? which user just enter the location and username and password, they can receive this report and download it properly?

looking forward to hear from you.

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Lola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lola,

All the users would need to ensure that the username/password what they are going to use to schedule these reports to the filesystem has the rights on the that folder and on that machine.

Yes, all users can change the default filesystem settings at the report level and they can use their specific usernames/passwords.

Most of the time the policy "Allow Logon Locally" does not need to be applied, rather it depends on the policies set on the machines.

~Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

then why i shcedule a report and use my own computer domain user password and the location set to a shared folder on my local machine, it failed, when i use the location name as file://manchinename/shared folder, i got a sucess instance, but no report in destination folder.

could you tell me what's wrong?

thanks,

Lola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lola,

Yes, the UNC path should be mentioned in the directory field.

Did you try just specifying . i.e. dot in the directory field of the Job server and change this to the path you need to mention at the report level. e.g D:\SwapnilFolder\ScheduledReports .

If you do not get any report for the successful instance then you would need to check with your Windows/Network admin what policy they have set for the "Allow Logon Locally" on all of the machines in your network/domain.

~Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that, when specifying the file system as the destination, you need to provide a valid network drive name, not file://.

Whinch operational system you´re using ?

Regards,

Rogerio

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's correct Rogerio, also, if the path in not on the server or if you have a multi-server clustered CMS environment, it MUST be a UNC path - the system will NOT recognize mapped drives.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

In CMC job server destination setting, i add file system without add specific path.

in the report job, i add path and user name and password.

what do you mean of set "Allow logon locally" on all of the machines in your netword/domain?

like both on the BO server machine and my own machine?

do the BO server need to add all user accounts to this policy?

why this can be as easy as ftp destination?

thanks

Lola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rogeri,

I am using windows OS.

we asked the server admin guy to add a mapped drive on the BO server, but still the job instance cannot reach there.

thanks,

Lola

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said above, BO is NOT able to use mapped drives.  You MUST use the full UNC path like this:

\\Server Name\Folder

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lola,

This is same/easy as FTP settings, however it is getting more difficult in your network.

Get in touch with your network/windows admins to check the policy for "Allow logon locally" in your network.

Rather than setting "Allow logon locally" on the machines one by one, this can also be achieved through a domain group policy for all of the hosts in your network.

~Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lola,

If I am not wrong you have changed the file system settings at the report level. Did you check the scheduled report at the directory specified in the file system destination of CR Job server?

Since you did not get any error, it would be difficult for us to investigate on this. I can see that you have specified a long path in the directory field.

Could you please change this directory to something like "E:/Reports" and try once again?

~SwapnilY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SwapnilY,

thanks for your reply, if i change the directory to something like "E://.." then it mean this is a folder in the BO server manchine, right?  I wanted to send this report to another manchine's folder.

do i need to do anything else?

the CR job server destination setting has add the file system as enabled.

Best regards,

Lola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lola,

First, make the host file entry on the BO server for the host name and IP address of the machine where you want to save that file.

Second, you would need to use the shared path in the directory field of destination.

e.g. \\IP.IP.IP.IP\FolderName.

Do let me know if it works for you.

~SwapnilY