cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tooltip behaviour in BIP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello people !

I have a strange issue at the present time with charts tooltips.

Tooltips have two differents behaviours for the same application. When i launch my application in local mode, tooltip are working great, as i configured it.

But when I launch my application with BI Platform, tooltip don't show the same thing and don't wand to read the right value.

Here my problem on BIP :

Chart value is ok, but tooltip value is not and this for several chart. Sometimes it works but most of time, it doesn't.

Someone have an idea to solve this ?

PS : it seems the problem is only for value in percentage. When i have an amount, tooltip is ok.

Have a great day !

Regards,

Jonas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

As per you information in the image, I noticed that not alone tool-tip but also the x-axis value reads as zero. Are you having vales less than one ?

If so,please change the format for both tool-tip and x-axis.

Regards

Marish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes data are less than 1. I change the format in my application and as i said, it's working well in local execution but not in BI Platform, why this difference for the same application ?

tgrandjean
Explorer
0 Kudos

The format might be different on the server versus your local settings. So if you set the number format as #,0# and the server treats "," as a thousand separator, the tooltip will not show any decimals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe it's a stupid question but : how can i add number format for my chart ? At this time, i can choose only between default, none, and 2-3 formats...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can type directly at the same place than where you can choose the format

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tgrandjean
Explorer
0 Kudos

I looks like you need to enhance the number format to display decimals. e.g. #,0#

Br

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also play with the scaling property of the initial view.

Regards,

Jean-Guillaume