cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting context of data provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing remapping of data providers to a new data source. Some of the data providers require a context. The context in the new data source should have the same name and CUID as the old data source, so I would like to determine what context was used in the old data source programmatically and use that to provide the answer to the context parameter when I am remapping to the new data source.

The information for a data provider does not appear to provide the information I need (e.g. http://server:6405/biprws/raylight/v1/documents/1234/dataproviders/DP0)

Is this possible using the RESTful SDK? Is it possible using the Business Objects BI SDK for .NET?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

try:   GET   /raylight/v1/documents/<docId>/parameters

This should return the contexts to be filled if the parameter returns as type "context" and it should return the previous value.

look in the documentation under "Getting the Refresh Parameters of a Document"

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I've found that documents that only have contexts as parameters returns the context in the parameters call, but if there are any other prompts (e.g. Report start/end date) then it will only return those prompts and not the contexts. Is this a bug? Is there a way around it?  Thanks again.

Answers (0)