cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimension data as data source (no measure)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Community,

I'm working with SDK development and I´m new to that subject. Currently I am working on a Google Maps integration.

The integration of the API worked well, but I have problems with data loading.

The Problem:

I try to get the a ResultCellList of geodata (latitude and longitude). This data is saved as dimension data.

My problem is, that I could not find a way to access non-measure data. All the ways to load data I found were based on measure data. Is there any way to access dimension data or is a rebuild of the cube neccessary?

Many kind regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have already implemented and published an SDK extension open source for that purpose last year. You can check it out starting on my blog entry and find the GitHub repository link to the source files:

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-design-studio/blog/2014/12/01/google-maps-and-openstree...

Let me know if that answers your questions or if you need further input.

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have to go a bit deeper in the code, but it seems to be exactly that what I'm looking for.
Thanks a lot.

Regards
Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

You mean you want to only access the dimension instead of measure data.

{ "key": "CITY", "text": "CITY", "axis": "ROWS", "axis_index": 0, "members": [ { "key": "Berlin", "text": "Berlin" }, { "key": "Rio de Janeiro", "text": "Rio de Janeiro" }, { "key": "Tokyo", "text": "Tokyo" }, { "key": "Result", "text": "Overall Result", "type": "RESULT" } ] } ], "locale": "en_US" }

Consider this is dimension city.The data for this will available as members. For example here, Berlin,Tokyo,Result. So you can simply access the dimension members to get the result as you expected.

Hope this makes sense. If not or if i misunderstood something on your question, feel free to correct me.

Thanks,

Nithyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithyanandam,

thanks for the fast reply.
But unfortunately this is not what I'm looking for.
The result of your code will return a table containing all measure data for Berlin, Tokyo and the Result.
As output I will have a list of all geodata members. In your example it is a list of all cities.

There comes also an other question in my mind. Your code is written in Metadata Runtime JSON but as I understood Design Studio expect Design time JSON and create out of it the Metadata Runtime JSON.

Did I get that wrong?

Thanks,
Markus

former_member194504
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

There is no separate Meta data JSON for the databound property ResultSet. Which you can find it in Developer Guide. However, I am kind of confused about your requirement. I have not written any code in my previous reply. Just gave you a suggestion of how to get the dimension members. Can you  share your data json??

Thanks,

Nithyanandam