Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SMP3.0 SP09 PL01 - Oracle Driver Not Found

Hi all,

After a failed attempt to get SMP3.0 to consume a SOAP WS, I'm about to try to directly consume an Oracle DB.

I've followed several tutorials on how to setup the SMP to consume the Oracle DB, after creating the Destination configuration for the Oracle DB, I get the following message: "Connection test failed - Driver class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver not found".

I already followed several possible fixes for this issue:

I've tried the ojdbc6.jar and ojdbc7.jar. I've tried the generated bundle from eclipse and SMP "create_jdbc_bundle.bat", I've tried to put it directly in the Server\lib folder and also in the pickup folder.

Can anyone explain me why after following all the above tutorial, SAP note and discussion I can't get it to work?

Best regards,

Vicente

Tags:
replied

Thanks Vicente for sharing this solution. Copying solution to those don't have access to Market place:

Cause of this question: after adding the sqljdbc4.jar into server\lib the service needs to be re-generated to reflect the CLASSPATH change for it.

Resolution

1. Stop the SMP processes and delete the contents of ${MobilePlatform3}\Server\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\*
  2. Copy the sqljdbc4.jar into server\lib dir.
  3. Re-generate the SMP services.
    a)      Stop all the smp service/processes and ensure that there are no java processes running for SMP.
    b)      In a DOS command window, go to the server\bin directory.
    c)      Run:  svcutil.bat -uninstall
    d)      Run:  svcutil.bat -generate
    e)      Run:  svcutil.bat –install

Regards,

JK

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question