Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Biweekly pay periods with weekly pay

Hi experts,

We have a requirement to set up biweekly pay periods that start and end on Fridays, however the business would like to still process payroll on a weekly basis. Is this possible?

I was thinking perhaps we define the payroll periods to be two weeks, but then add additional pay days assigned to the date modifiers? Or would a period parameter stating payroll be run weekly do the job?

Any insight would be much appreciated!

Tags:
Former Member
replied

If you have Positive Time Entry only, then you could have biweekly Payroll Periods and execute payroll once a week.  You could then do Bank Transfer (or check printing), but you could not do any Third Party Remittances nor FI/CO Postings, and any paid Attendances or Absences that would be already entered for the second week would be included in the results.  Furthermore, when executing payroll on the second week, you would only get cumulative payroll results, except for the Net Amount (which would be Total Net less Amount Already Paid).  If you have Negative Time Entry and Positive Time Entry, I don't see any way to achieve what you would like other than through Off-Cycle Pays.

If you want to execute payroll every week (including Remittances and Postings), then I believe that you would need to have Weekly Payroll Periods, possibly with Bi-weekly cumulators (Cumulation Type V in table view V_T54C2).

We have Bi-weekly Payroll Periods, and would like to be able to have "weekly" payroll cumulators, specially for reporting to Service Canada (ROE, AERS), but haven't been able to find a way with standard SAP tools.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question