Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Format with SAP Broadcaster in Workbook

w_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello guru's,

I send a workbook in broadcaster, using precalculation server.

In the workbook the date format should be DD/MM/YYYY.

However, the format keeps showing as MM/DD/YYYY.

When I open the workbook with BI Analyzer the format in the workbook shows okay: DD-MM-YYYY .

Information

Fort the "setting OWNER" as well as the "background-execution user" the following usersettings in SU01 have been made --> language Dutch and date format DD.MM.JJJJ .

Settings in the system where precalculation server is installed: dd/mm/yyyy .

Question

How can I influence the date format (either in SAP Broadcaster and/or precalculation server)?

We have BW 7.4 system.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello....

Check another thing.

YOu are broadcasting a workbook. That means, you are using a Precalculation Server.

This Precalculation is installed on a Windows server.
Log on there (Windows) with the user that you are using on Precalculation Service (you may have to check firsrt - SERVICES.MSC).

Access Control Panel > Region and Language.

There, the date must be exactly as you required.

Then, save it and test again.

Should works.

Keep me informed if works or not.

Best Regards,
Edward

w_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Edward, thanks for the reply.

Sadly, the settings for the Windows server on which Precalculation was installed, already has the right Region and Language settings.

Still the workbook shows a wrong date format.

Now I have to mention something concerning this Windows server.

The installation was not done with a user...meaning that there is no user when looking via Windows > Run > services.msc > SAP BW Precalculation Service Multi Instance > properties > TAB Lon On > This account .

According to the department that performed the installation it was the only way they could install it.

They mentioned that our previous version of the Precalculation was also installed in that way (without user).

So now you can deduce that I am in a testing phase of a new Precalculation server.

Here follows some more info:

- Windows 2008

- Precalculation server version 7400.1.200.47

- GUI 7400.1.2.1100, SP-level 2, version 1564922

Currently the department is checking if they installed a language dependent Precalculation.

Maybe you would know if such exists?

Kind regards back,

Wendy

w_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Edward,

Via SAP OSS it was discovered that we did not fully implement/compliedwith note 1997396 (which is mentionend in the Checklist for PreCalc Server).

I found your note helpful because it directed my attention to the server on which Precalculation was installed.

Thanks.

Wendy

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please click the CORRECT ANSWER if your problem has been solved already..

Regards,

Loed

w_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Loed,

It was not the CORRECT ANSWER. Edward's response was HELPFUL ANSWER.

Not more than that.

W

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy

Loed's point is to close the thread either by clicking correct answer whichever is provided by others or to mark your own answer as correct if that has solved your issue.

Or provide the solution that worked and mark it as correct answer.

All he want is to close the thread as it will be useful for others who has the same problem.

Make it assumed answered if you think, you will not need any further help

Regards

Karthik

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

You can mark you answer as the CORRECT ANSWER if it was the solution implemented to solve your problem..

Hi Edward,

Via SAP OSS it was discovered that we did not fully implement/compliedwith note 1997396 (which is mentionend in the Checklist for PreCalc Server).

I found your note helpful because it directed my attention to the server on which Precalculation was installed.

Thanks.

Wendy

Regards,

Loed

w_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

I closed the disscusion.

We are still having other problems with new Precalc Server.

The idea now being that maybe it wasn't fully the missing note.

Therefor on "Assumed Answered", no more help needed.

W

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may do this in the workbook itself..Just right click the column or cells where the dates appear then choose FORMAT CELLS..Afterwards select CUSTOM then type DD/MM/YYYY and click OK..That should work..

Just make sure that the APPLY FORMATTING is unchecked in your analysis grid..

Regards,

Loed