Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marketing Attributes updated via survey

former_member674613
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have a requirement to fulfill but i am not able to identify the process need to be followed to get this functionality. i am using SAP CRM 7.3 and the requirement is that i need to create a survey on the basis of marketing attributes and that survey will be sent in a  mail form via  campaign automation.

I have to send the mail containg the survey to the contact persons and they will fill up the survey and the result should be that -  marketing attributes from the survey should gets updated to the account of the organization automatically. it means that survey will be attend by the contact persons and the attributes will be updated in organization's markting attr data of whom he is a contact person.

So please let me know how can i do this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

When you set-up your survey, in the Survey Attributes section, in the Technical Setting Tab at the bottom are 2 Interface definitions.

You need to apply your Marketing Attribute logic into the PAI section.

Copy the existing function module into your own Z version and apply the relevant coding.

Regards

Arden

former_member674613
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please brief it that which standard function module i need to copy ?

and after implementing the above steps , is there any other configuration i need to do to achieve the requrement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

Check sample Surveys on your system, they will have the default PBO and PAI Function modules assigned. Copy one of the PAI modules. Choose one of the Surveys that matches similar functionality to what you're doing.

Check the Best Practice Guide C22 which is for Marketing. It has the steps required to configure surveys

Regards

Arden

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

as mentioned the Marketing Attributes are prefilled and stored from the survey's BPO and PAI module. For the campaign scenario you can use the standard delivered function CRM_MKTCA_SURVEY_MKT_PBO as PBO module and CRM_MKTCA_SURVEY_MKT_PAI as PAI module.

I created a sample survey having questions for MKT attributes for testing and assigned the PBO and PAI modules:

Then I generated the URL:

The generated URL is then used in the mail form. From the mail sent out by the campaign the business partners can access the survey link. You add the hyperlink in the mail form. To provide the reference from the campaign mail to the survey (to provide the business partner to the campaign) you need to include the tracking guid to the survey link with inserting the following:

MIG=%SAP_CRMMAIL-TRACKING_GUID

The placeholder is replaced with the campaign tracking guid.

The rest is handled from CRM_MKTCA_SURVEY_MKT_PBO and and CRM_MKTCA_SURVEY_MKT_PAI. The PBO module reads the marketing attributes from the business partner and prefills the values in the survey. The PAI stores the updated marketing attributes to the business partner.

I hope this helps.

regards,

Johannes