cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO – Availability Check (at MRP area level)

madhava_hn
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue in STO, while checking availability.

There is enough stock of material in Plant, but could not able to create delivery – it’s giving error “only 0 EA are available on desired date”.

My analysis:

We have following set up:

Plant – PL01

MRP area (type 02 – storage location) – XXX_PL01

MRP area (type 01 -  Plant ) – PL01

Also, all storage locations within plant PL01 are assigned to MRP area - XXX_PL01

Now, In MMBE I can see the stock for plant PL01.

But in MD04, I can see the stock for plant PL01 & XXX_PL01 combination and NOT for PL01 & PL01 combination (Note - PL01 is plant MRP area). That means the material exists in MRP area XXX_PL01 and not in MRP area PL01 within plant PL01.

Now, whenever I create STO from plant PL01 to any other plant say PL02, and when I check availability its giving error - “only 0 EA are available on desired date”.

I observed that the root cause is that the ATP check is defaulted to MRP area PL01, and there is no stock in MRP area PL01 (stock is there in MRP area XXX_PL01).

Now how to change the default MRP area ? or if we have multiple MRP areas, how to allow the system to check all MRP areas within the plant – because plant MRP area will exclude storage locations which are assigned to other MRP areas.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards,

Madhava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Madhava,

I am facing same issue please advise if you did find a solution to this issue.

Regards

Sukhbir

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read OSS note 2122786, you can find detailed description how ATP check works with MRP areas (in customizing you can influence the behaviour with indicator T441V-OLGPR).

SAP help also provides basic information about it ( ATP Check with MRP Areas):

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/cb/a9ce5314894208e10000000a174cb4/content.htm?framese...

You could also check OSS note 154682  which describes a special case (when you enter the batch manually - based on your description it is not the case but you may use this scenario as well).

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if note 190298 is relevant for your issue.

I hope it helps you

Regards

Eduardo