cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predecessor Workitem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question regarding the workflow container element Predecessor Workitem.

I want to use it in the following scenario. I have a user decision and in one branch from that decision a sub workflow is called.

In the sub workflow i need to get the work-item ID from the User decision step.

I tried to do binding from UD task container to WF container and from WF container to SubWF container but it comes up empty. This, i read, is because these are elements from the container that are done by the system.

I've also read quite some notes on the subject. But none are very clear on how it should work.

So my question is:  how should i then get a value in the _Predecessor_WI field in the Workflow container?

Regards

Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've never noticed that container element before. Indeed, you can't fill system container elements yourself. Why not create your own container element and fill it with bindings yourself?

regards

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rick,

I already did as you suggested, and it works (well it would, wouldn't it?)

On second thoughts i was wondering why i would not be able to do the binding, even it is a propietary SAP element.

I mean: i can do binding to _ATTACH_OBJECTS can't I?

(I cannot change it's properties, but i can bind a SOFM to it)

Anyway: i fulfilled my requirement.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Robert,

Please find and check SAP NOTE 903692.

It mentions detailing on using the _PREDECESSOR_WI work item.

Let us know if you find the solution.

Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

I read that note. It all seems quite complicated to me.

One thing i noticed yesterday, when trying to make this work is that the task container has the element WORKITEM which is a BOR object WORKINGWI, whilst in the workflow container the element _Predecessor_WI is a BOR object WORKITEM.

WORKITEM has far fewer fields than WORKINGWI, so maybe that explains some of the issues there.

However when i created the binding i did a check and it made no protests.

Anyway: as i explained in my answer to Rick, i created a custom element in my workflow container of type BOR object WORKINGWI and did the binding from taskcontainer to it.

That works.

Regards

Robert

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just like in ABAP, some system fields are read-only.