Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session time out in Syclo client while connecting to CRM server

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using SMP server 3.0 SP07 with service manager 4.2 application.

We get session time out error every time if there is a slow connection and works fine if there is a better connection.

Please share that at what all places we should increase the time outs, session time outs and keep alive time outs in SAP Management Cockpit or Application or client.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance

Thanks

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinodkumar_kommineni
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Apart from the  timeout parameters within Application Configuration I would also suggest you to check how the users are connected to your corporate network. If it is trough proxy then the proxy itself might have timout. We had a similar case in which we finally found the Proxy timeout to be the culprit to break the transmission. This could be verified by Network administration team.

Regards

Vinod

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thank you, I agree we should increase this time as well.

Also, our application runs on the DMZ network and its accessible from out side the corporate network or we can say we can connect the client with server in public network.

In this case also can we maintain the proxy time outs?

Thanks

Neha

vinodkumar_kommineni
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Yes it should be possible. Even in our case users use it from public network with a client cerficate I guess. Speak to your networking team and they should be able to figure out this.

Regards

Vinod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Neha,

please follow below screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The idle timeout, is for locking the client out after X time after the user hasn't used the device.  This is not to be used for increasing the transmit timeouts.

To increase the transmit timeout, go into the cockpit under the application.  Go to the "App Specific Settings" and you need to increase the following section key:

Server -> InactiveTimeout

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen,

Yes we wanted to increase this transmit time, so that when there is slow connection it still remain active and do not give a time out error

Thanks I shall implement this

Regards

Neha

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajitesh,

Thanks I have maintained this settings in the Agentry Editor.

Thanks

Neha