cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User account for Alert consumer in PI 7.31 single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a new alert consumer using  RegisterConsumer webservice.

However when i schedule the Alert Consumer job to trigger the email, it's unable to collect the alerts. We are able to schedule and receive the email if i use standard consumer "ALERT-TO-MAIL"

I got to know from one of the threads that "The alert consumer should have a user account that includes the SAP_XI_ALERT_CONSUMER role to be able to retrieve alerts"

Is there  a way to know which user account is used for the alert consumer? I believe this is the only missing link in the puzzle.

Thanks,

Ravi Desai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe it should be the "Run as" user.

Go to the task that you have created to schedule the alert consumer job -> General Info -> Run as user

Assign the role "SAP_XI_ALERT_CONSUMER"  to the above user and check.

Prior to this, Did you try retrieving them using 'retrievesinglealert' method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Hareesh.

I did try to retrieve the alerts using 'retrievesinglealert'  but it did not retrieve any. But then according to this blog, , we can retrieve alerts only once. Or does it still retrieve alerts for the errors that occurred after the last call to 'retrievesinglealert'?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What is the error you are getting when you schedule the job with new consumer which you created, can you please paste the error here so that we can able to help you.

You can monitor the queue using HERMES in SOAP UI as per below blog.

HowTo: Connect to SAP JMS Provider with HERMES - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I don't get any errors as such. Here is what I see in the logs. But it doesn't consume any alerts. While the standard consumer ALERT-TO-MAIL does.

I will try out the HERMES in SOAP UI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assigning the role SAP_XI_ALERT_CONSUMER seemed to have did the trick. I am able to retrieve alerts now using the local alert consumer. Thanks for the inputs.

Answers (0)