Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool naming convention and spool authorisation groups

former_member185540
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Could you please point me in the right direction. I have a task to create spool authorization as follows:

• HR officer should access only their own spools - This is ok, done and working well
  • Payroll administrators - Should be able to access Spools created by their team member is respective countries . I have an issue with this Ia m using the object authorization S_SPO_ACT and in there there is the field SPOAUTH. I was thinking of coming up with a naming convention for each country and and alos for each payroll team so that in my roles I can the restrict based on the naming convention.

However i am not able to find where the naming conventions are defined, I would like to say that if country is France then the spool names should start with FR...Poland will be PL.. where can i define this please?

Thank you in advance for your help

Dimtri

3 REPLIES 3

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dimtri,

a small remark from BC-CCM-PRN side: I have seen previously that the "Department" section of the spool is filled with a value to identify the target people.

Like you have mentioned, the Title/Name of the spool can also be adjusted to identify the relevant people, but defining the Departments (and use these definitions in the spools) might be a long-term solution.

Best regards,

Laszlo

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, very much appreciated indeed.

Thats what i would like to do but i cannot find a way of how and where to define that. Where can i define these departments. For example i would like to ensure that the spools for all users in payroll in France begin with FRpayxxxxx. in my check i will then use this in teh field SPOAUTH.

Where can i define this? where can i default the title please.

thank you in advance for your help.

Dimtri.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dimtri,

according to https://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/9f/dba56d35c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm, the Department information is automatically taken from the user's SU01 data.

Alternatively, this information can be manually provided on the R/3 print popup, or programatically provided (some details for this are in the previous help.sap.com link).

(This is the reason why I mentioned that the Department information might be a long-term solution: it might be determined for every user, which could be a task of a larger project.)

Of course - "as usual" - this needs to be thoroughly tested before rolling out for usage.

Best regards,

Laszlo