Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

File to IDOC scenario with RFCLookup: need help

Hi experts,

I have a Flat File to IDOC scenario (1 line of FlatFile-->1 IDOC) with a RFC lookup that retrieve a list of values (1 input --> 1 line retrieved) that are used to populate IDOC fields. Values in XI are stored as GlobalVariables.

Now the new requirement is:

1) Retrieve multiple (n) lines from the same RFC lookup (n is variable)

2) Create n IDOC for every line of File where n is the number of lines retrieved at 1).

Obviously every IDOC will be populated with values of correspondant line retrieved, for example:

Flat File Line 1 -- > IDOC 1 with values from first line retrieved from RFC lookup

Flat File Line 1 --> IDOC 2 with values from second line retrieved from RFC lookup

Flat File Line 1 --> IDOC 3 with values from third line retrieved from RFC lookup

Flat File Line 2 ..> IDOC 4 with values from first line retrieved from RFC lookup

Is it possible to do that? How?

Remember that we are on PI 7.0.

Thanks

Fabio

replied

Hi Fabio,

AFAIK IDOC adapter is not supported for multimapping in PI 7.0 or XI 3.0: Multi-Mapping without BPM - Yes, it’s possible!

I would the first scenario in the way File to File. Later i would do a File to IDOC in the way you have generated previously four files. If the IDOCs are not the same interface you would need 4 scenarios each one with its own idoc metadata. Also you can avoid the first scenario, but you would need four calls to the RFC on the four second step scenarios.

For RFC lookups you can check these blogs:

Data Lookup Optimized

Use this crazy piece for any RFC Mapping Lookups!

Regards.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question