Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Purchase Order involving Fixed Assets

HI,

I am trying to understand how a purchase order can be raised for a fixed asset. I need to create a purchase order for a fixed asset by selecting a product category ID.

I have created Product Category "1150" "Operations Software" which I want to use to capitalise fixed assets. I have also created a fixed asset account determination Z007 (Business Config>Overview>Chart of Accounts, Financial Reporting etc> Edit Account Determination groups>Fixed Assets and i have also filled in fixed assets accounting determination to specify gl accounts for cost, dep, acc dep etc)

How can i get product category "1150" to use account determination Z007 as this does not appear on the screen shot below Business Config>Overview>Default Account Determination Groups for Product Categories. This is picking up onlythe account determination's created for inventory and costs but not fixed assets.

Jay

Former Member
replied

Hi Jay,

I created a supplier invoice and get out of it the Journal Entry (with information of my Fixed Asset).

You have to enter in the invoice Individual Material (Use button "New") as "Account Assignment Type".

What have I done?

1. I created a new Product Category "1150"

2. I created a new Account Determination Group for Fixed Assets (Activity List -> Chart of Accounts -> Edit Account Determination groups) "Z007"

3. Now I open the activity "Fixed Asset Classes" and create new Asset Class "1111" that maps to my account determination "Z007"

4. Last Step is to maintain the fixed asset class determination in the same activity (So if Product Category "1150" and Indivual Material Assignment is selected, a Fixed Asset for Asset Class "1111" gets created.

Best regards

Marlene

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question