cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define the organization responsible of an item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, PPM Gurus,

I found the field of the organization responsible of an initiative, but no respect field in item details.

I want to know why SAP does so,  and how to define the organization responsible of an item.

Best regards,

Laodongdang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laodongdang,

are you talking about Responsible Role/Responsible Resource in the initiative?

Best regards,

Judith

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to know how to define the organization responsible fo an item.

Best regards,

laodongdang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is not there...at Item level. So you can't in the standard. You can do this on an associated cProject or Initiative as you have seen already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that cProject or Initiative has the field of the responsible organization.  My problem is that my customer is a big enterprise group, and it has many sub-corporations, and every one of these sub-corporations must deliver their projects become Portfolio items and manage their projects.  So every item need a field of the responsible organization.

Best regards,

laodongdang

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

At this time PPM Item is organizationally agnostic and it definitely helped in many scenarios! If your business need required that items be tagged to org unit (HR org unit or other entities like Cost Center etc) you may enhance. 

Org unit for PPM Project had(has?) different purpose including in Ad-hoc estimating.

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!