Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW with two different transactions / AS01 and F-02

h3n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have to create a lot of master data for assets with a following activation. With the LSMW I can create the master data for the assets (transaction AS01). Is there a way to activate the assets with the F-02? I have a problem in getting the asset number of the asset which I created with the transaction AS01. In F-02 I need the asset number to do the activation. I use F-02 because the activation is not possible with the transaction ABZON. ABZON does not pay attention for the tax.

In short:

1.Create the asset with AS01,

2.use the asset number from 1 and activate the asset with F-02.

Regards

Henning

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have several recordings and can assemble them into one LSMW object

6 REPLIES 6

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any reason why they have to be a single LSMW? Can you not work with 2 LSMWs? Run the 1st one to create assets, download the list of assets created from SE16N and submit to the 2nd LSMW?

Thanks,

Juwin

0 Kudos

Hi Juwin,

my problem is that i have no link beetween the new assets and the follwing activation. A serialnumber for a identifikation of the assets is not available.

Thanks,

Henning

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can have several recordings and can assemble them into one LSMW object

h3n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

thanks for your hint. I am missing the link between the different records of the LSMW. In the first record i am getting a new asset number and in the second record of the LSMW i will do the activation F-02 on the asset number.

regards

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't have any link, I guess it is because of Internal numbers that is generated while creating the assets. So you have to establish the link by storing may be the legacy asset number in some Asset master field and then use that to build up the link for F-02 processing.

R

0 Kudos

Hi R,

I hoped there will be another solution.

Thanks.