cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can SLT data replication invoke triggers defined in HANA DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can SLT data replication invoke insert/update triggers defined on HANA tables?

Eg: I want to implement some logic inside a  data base trigger in HANA.

If I define insert and update triggers on a HANA table, will these be invoked if the the table is getting loaded though SLT ?

(In my case data is getting loaded from ECC to standalone HANA DB using SLT)

Thanks,

Goutham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

FCI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

A Hana DB is supported as a source system of a SLT. It behaves as any other databases (viewed from SLT).

Technically, you can create a connection in SLT from your Hana DB to itself which will duplicate VBAP on the database.

Regards,

Frederic

former_member185165
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

SLT replication will load/Replicate data from any source system to HANA.

It does not recognize the changes what you do in HANA tables but the changes which happen in the source system are take care and exact same copy is produced in SAP HANA.

Suppose you have 100 records in your MARA table i SAP ecc and tomorrow either they change to 120 or 80 the same number of records can be found in MARA table in  HANA, if you have set to replication.

It can also detect the changes in existing records where few columns get changed.

If you write some insert statement manually for MARA table in HANA(Which i doubt you can achieve), even if you achive, slt will not be able to recognize it.

Thanks & Regards,
Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I think you have misunderstood my question or I might not have articulated the question well.

Let me try to explain what exactly I am trying to do:

I am replicating Sales Order Line Item table, VBAP from ECC to HANA DB and I want to implement update and insert triggers on VBAP to track changes on VBAP and write them to a custom table within HANA.

My question is if SLT does inserts/updates just like a SQL query does on the target HANA end i.e. tuple based with triggers getting invoked for inserts/updates?  or does it do the inserts/updates differently and the HANA triggers will not get invoked on the HANA end?

Thanks,

Goutham

dmitry_kuznetsov1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

I don't think the exact thing you are looking for exists.

Just as an idea - you can add an additional calculated column in SLT, transaction LTRS, fill it with the timestamp and create a HANA vew on top of VBAP using that field for your filtering.

You can check out the intro to Transformations in this video by SAP Technology.

Dmitry