Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Add extension field to 'Import from Excel' in Lead Creation

Hi All

We have extended our Account screen with a mandatory 'account type' field using the KUT.

We have used the extension scenario to make sure this flows through to leads as you can see below.

If you click on the cog button in the leads OWL screen you have the option to 'Import from Excel'. This downloads an excel sheet which you can then upload back into SAP cloud for customer.

We have a problem in that we can't see the mandatory account type field in the spreadsheet that we download.

This is a real problem as we could have a large amount of leads to be uploaded and it would be a very long process to upload the leads and then go into each lead individually to add the account type.

We raised an incident but SAP have informed us that we need to use the partner tool to get the technical information of the desired fields and add it into the template XML, then map it in excel.

Can anyone explain to me what they mean by this?

I'm not entirely sure about the partner tool and how to get access? Is there any way I can achieve a solution without the partner tool?

Cheers

Brad

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Brad,

Please follow the post below to help give you some direction. Even though we have not gotten to the point of implementing, it should be able to give you what you need.

Hopefully in 1511 we will learn more regarding the new C4C  data load workbench as well. But for now at least you have an option.

How to customize Excel import template (example for Marketing Leads)?

Regards,

Grayson

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question