cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira and Sql Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

i'm trying to connect SAP Lumira (v1.27.1) to Sql Server 2008 using integrated security. I feel like i've googled and tried everything i can think of with little progress...

I've already downloaded the JDBC drivers and placed the sqljdbc_auth.dll file in:

the same folder as lumira.exe,

the C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\jre\bin folder

the same folder as the .JAR file for the driver.

i've tried the integratedsecurity=true in the advanced panel.

i've tried modifying the .ini file to point to the DLL file

and constantly get the following error

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Integrated authentication failed. ClientConnectionid:.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Did you follow the setup procedure described into section 4.1 of the Installation Guide? (create jaas-krb5.conf and the registrey key on the local machine)

Please follow also  the SAP Note 1768281.

You can also use integratedSecurity=true into Advanced parameters, this is more like a workaround in case the official SSO solution is not working in your environment (you can keep Use specified username and pwd as connection option, but add integratedSecurity=true into Advanced Parameters)

Best regards,

Mihaela

Former Member
0 Kudos

i will take a look at the installation guide and get back to you.

i have tried the Integratedsecurity=true method with no luck.

when i use my UID/PW i get a "Login failed for user" error. the current theory is that this is because the way SQL server is configured it requires windows authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Note 1768281 did the trick.

thank you very much

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

i can connect to a different server with a generic UID. So the question is now what special permissions/config does Lumira need to pull from Sql Server?

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Please also check if sql server has Kerberos enabled and is into a domain. Except this we need to follow the indication from the installation guide, chapter 4.1.

Best,

Mihaela

ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Are you sure you have correct sqljdbc_auth.dll file? I mean the JVM and DLL files should be compatible with OS 64 bit (X64). make sure these files are not x86.

Thanks,

Shailu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried both but will make sure to keep the x64 version in the same folder as the .exe file.