cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Hana Trial landscape account does not have System Privileges

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've recently created a new Hana Trial account (Developer license, p***....trial), and do not have System Privileges. I'm unable to :

1. Open the Administration Console after adding my Cloud System

2. Do not see _SYS_BIC schema, and cannot even grant privileges to view that schema

3. Unable to do a Data Preview of my views (it throws an unauthorized user error), and it won't let me grant privileges as I don;t have a System ID login.

My understanding is that I should be the Admin on this trial account (I'm the only user, and have installed Hana Tools on Eclipse Mars on Mac OSX).

How can I get the Admin access?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

If its a free cloud account your talking about, then you cannot get admin access.

Not all functionalities would be accessible in this free cloud account.

Login into your cloud account through web based UI and

1. Create a HANA XS trial instance (By default it will be only HANA), and use this database instance when you add system using eclipse. This should let you see _SYS_BIC schema and HCP schema.

2. The data preview is not working for me as well. I guess it is a limitation using free cloud account.

3. Call GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS procedure from HCP schema everytime you make changes/create new to any development objects. so that you can run select * or call on them (views, procedures).

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I already have a Hana XS trial instance and used that database when I added the Cloud System in Eclipse.

When I run the following SQL, I receive an error:

call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS"

Error:

Could not execute 'call "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS"' in 6.697 seconds .

SAP DBTech JDBC: [10001]: user-defined error:  [10001] "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS": line 35 col 14 (at pos 2108): [10001] (range 3) user-defined error exception: user-defined error:  [10001] "HCP"."GRANT_PRIVILEGES_ON_MANAGED_REPO_OBJECT": line 12 col 3 (at pos 995): [10001] (range 3) user-defined error exception: user-defined error:  [10001] "HCP"."DEPENDENCY_VALIDATOR": line 81 col 9 (at pos 4881): [10001] (range 3) user-defined error exception: Checking object: schema: _SYS_BIC, object: p1941689034trial.myhanaxs.hello/BERTHING_ATT_VIEW. User DEV_ER9C01K6SBZ9KTZ26JRQNN5HM is not authorized for:  Object: Dim_Pumping_Type Schema: DEV_ER9C01K6SBZ9KTZ26JRQNN5HM Type: TABLE

Attached is a screenshot of results from the following  SQL:

SELECT * FROM "HCP"."HCP_DEV_METADATA"

I have also successfully granted Select option to _SYS-REPO  with Grant Option to both the DEV and NEO schemas.

So the issue is still not resolved. I have read other posts where they are saying that Data Preview is available after granting Select to Activated Objects, but that's throwing an error (above) for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nish,

I can see that you have used the objects from DEV schema to create your attribute view.

I was also facing similar issue and got a tip from somewhere that the issue can be resolved if the same objects can be replicated in NEO schema. I did the same and was able to get over the issue.

Please copy your objects from DEV to NEO schema and change the attribute views to point to NEO schema objects. Then call that grant HCP procedure.

This should fix the date preview issue as well.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your response again. I had also sumbled upon the same tip from another forum, and tried using NEO schema, but still have the issue. Here's what I had done:

1. Created a TEST table in NEO schema

2. Created an Attribute View using that table

3. Right Click>Data Preview gives an error. See attached screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your response again. I had also stumbled upon the same tip from another forum, and tried using NEO schema, but still have the issue. Here's what I had done:

1. Created a TEST table in NEO schema

2. Created an Attribute View using that table

3. Ran HCP Grant SQL

4. Right Click>Data Preview gives an error. See attached screenshot.