cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service pack upgrade on 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are planning an service pack upgrade from 4.1 sp2 patch 2 to 4.1 sp5. I have went through many posts and blogs, but was not clear from installation, backing up users groups, servers(Ours is a clustered environment). I would like to hear from you what are the steps to perform this SP upgrade and how to upgrade? Right after downloading the software. Appreciate your valuable time spending on this post.

Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some  steps are

1)Backup of your CMS/Audit DB

2) backup of file store folders.

2) backup of all your custom files.file location is

installation directory\webapps\BOE\WEBINF\

config\custom

3) backup of image folder in case of any custom images.

4) in case of clustered environment first you need to upgrade the CMS servers first then Tomcat servers.if you have two servers only and all components are on all servers then one by one.

Upgrade is not the different from installation.less steps for upgrade.

For more information better to  create a thread in BI Platform community.

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit and Ashwini, Thank You All for the reply. Once my DBA has the CMS database backed up. Will I be needed again to back up of all my folders,reports, users,security roles etc to BIAR file from promotion management?

2) input/output repository services - When I see in the FRS folder. I don't see any files in Input and output subfolders. Is there any other location they will be in?

We are just updating to the latest service pack, I have the above steps completed. I have the SP software, Should I be just running installation file? Am I missing anything?

Thank You very much for your time.

Venkat

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Default FRS folders location is.

Installation location\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\FileStore

Under this you will get Input and Output folders.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

1. In addition to the provided solution, for backup before upgrade you can also refer t the following KBA:

1275068 - Backup and restore of filestore and CMS database of a BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.x/BI 4.0 system

2.. Before you start the installation, refer to the following KBA and link for  best practices ,

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/BI+4.0+-+Updating+to+SP04+or+Higher+-+Best+Practices,

1757132 - BI4 Support Pack Upgrade and Patch Install Best Practice Guide

Regards

Ashwini Bawaskar