Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyperlink for Functional Location in Work Order Object List

ggunturu
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working in Work Manager 6.2. 

In the Work Order Details Screen, there is a hyperlink for the Functional Location. When the functional Location link is clicked, it shows the functional location details.

We want the similar functionality in the Work Order Object List Detail Screen. When the Functional Location in the Work Order Object List Detail View is clicked, it should display the Functional Location information. The standard application does not have any hyperlink.

I don't want to modify/extend any Java code. Is there any way to achieve this by modifying agentry code and working with SAP BADI's ?

Thanks,

Gopi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

We may need to make changes to the java code when you want to save data to particular collections.

We need to fetch the data from back end BAPI's and classes and you need to make changes to the java classes & pojo's in way that it should save the data to a particular collection.

The hyperlinks will be enabled from java code and there will be dependency with the front end definitions also.

But if the collection data from java code is not consistent for technical objects the hyperlinks will not be enabled even we have the correct agenrty definitions.

Requesting you to please elaborate the issue with some more details, so that I will try to help you more.

But as per my knowledge, java code changes will be required to make changes to collection data and enabling the corresponding hyperlinks for technical objects.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ajit/Rupa,

Thank you for your quick response. We are running the Workmanager 6.2 version. I have enabled the Functional location and Equipment worklist on the config panel.

When I download this in ATE/Mobile device I'm able to see the Functional Location details. Not the Equipment details. When I debug the ATE Its not downloading the data for equipment collection.

Am I missing any configuration or do I need write any java code for this to get the data on the work order object.

Please let me know if you need any more details on this.

Thanks again.

Santiago

former_member197782
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santiago,

It seems the data for equipment technical objects was not downloading to device.

With the config panel setting which you have mentioned above is for enabling the equipment tab on main menu screen but not for fetching the equipment collection data.

If you make Equipment.Worklist global value as "N", you could not able to see the equipment tab on your screen.

For getting the data to collections you need to verify the below.

1. Verify Equipment complex table "TABLE_REFRESH", "ENABLE_TABLE" & "TABLE_CHECK" parameters in config panel

Below are the standard settings

Check the parameter table_refresh value for this complex table, if the value is set to 0 then it will check for table updates every time else if value is 168 then it will sync the complex table after every week.

2. Debug the backend ABAP BAPI & Java pojo classes to verify whether the data is fetching from ECC or not.

Please refer to the below link for more info.

Please let me know for the update.

Thanks & Regards,

Roopa M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roopa,

Thanks for the response. I'm getting the values on ctequipment table.

But still the collection object is empty. Is there any other table i need to check?

Thanks

Santiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me correct you here, Complex table entry and entries under some collection are different. In your case you 1st of all you need to check in SAP for the workorder is there already any equipment assigned or not? If yes than i would say execute the workorder get bapi from SE37 transaction and see what is the value in equipment table. If the value is there then execute the Equipment get bapi. If equipment get bapi is returning the equipment details than try to debug in Java and find what is causing this issue.

Hope this makes you clear

Thanks

Ajitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case if the equipment number and flocID is same as workorder object's equipID and floc then you can achive the functionality without enhancing Java/SAP.

Just write a rule which will compare the object's equipID with workorder>equipment collection's>equipid if matched then navigate to the hyperlink.

similar for floc.

hope this makes you clear.

Thanks

Ajitesh

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate on what screen you are referring to "Work Order Object List Detail Screen"

--Bill

0 Kudos

During the work order fetch a call is made from Java to fetch Floc/Equip. Ideally you have to change Java to fix the issue. Also you have change Agentry to enable Hyperlink on Object List.

Alternatively if you change the Client Global EquipmentWorkList and FunctionalLocationWorkList then you can launch the link to display the corresponding records of Complex Table. Please refer Equipment and Functional Location Tabs of the Main Screen for reference.

thanks

Chandra

ggunturu
Participant
0 Kudos

The Screen name is WorkOrderObjectView_Detail_iPhone

I have modified the screens as below.

Work Order Object List Screen:

Detail Screen:

The standard application used to show below fields.

ggunturu
Participant
0 Kudos

I thought of using SAP BADI's to put the details of the functional locations in the object list in FunctionalLocationWorkList.

And then update the agentry code for the hyperlink to look in the functional location worklist collection..

I could not figure of how to populate the FunctionalLocationWorkList. See print screen below of ATE.

The FunctionalLocationWorkList is empty.

I have below settings already. We don't use Equipments.

I was also looking into adding the functional locations in the Work Order>Functional Locations Collection. But i was not able to do that.

I tried to all the functional locations in /SMERP/CL_PM_FUNCLOCATION_DO->GET method BADI.

But the functional locations did not end up anywhere in ATE.

I was able to make it work when referring to the Function Location search results collection. The link was working if the users get the functional location on the device using the functional location search. But we need the link working without doing the function location search.

Is there a way to pre populate the function location search collection?

Thanks for your response.

Thanks,

Gopi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you manage to make this Fun location as Hyperlink, I am trying for the same.

Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any update on this. I have the similar issue for equipment collections. Work order object returns only Functional location collection. Its not returning the equipment collection values.

I'm using WM 6.2 version