cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing PowerDesigner Viewer in Windows 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I'm with a problem in Windows 10 when I connect in a repository using the PowerDesigner Viewer (Version 16.5 SP4).

The "Connection Type" of my repository is "Proxy". In the "Proxy Repository Definition", I fill the "Repository name", the "Server name" and "Port number". When I click in the combobox, nothing appears and if I fill the combo with my instance name and click the "Test" button, the following error occur: "The Windows Socket Connection to the proxy failed with error: 0 (...)"

I know that this code does not help nothing =/

This version is not compatible with Windows 10?

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thierry_andreys
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

the combobox lists the data sources defined in System DSN for the Proxy flavor (32 or 64bits).

Can you check you have your data sources defined in the right ODBC Administrator?

I tried on my Windows 10, and I don't have problem.

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thierry,

Thanks for the response... Really I do not have data source defined in System DSN in Windows 10 but in the machines with Windows 7, I also do not have system data source defined and the combobox is filled.

The particularity that I have in Windows 7 that don't have in Windows 10 is a File DSN with "PowerDesigner Libraries"...

Thank you!

thierry_andreys
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

I think I misunderstood your question. The combobox empty is the instance name in PD viewer, right?

I was speaking of the combobox in the proxy config program.

Anyway, I tried a proxy on Win7 and PD on Win10, on the firewall on win7 was blocking the proxy.

So the problem may not come from win10 but more from win7.

Thierry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thierry,

I solved the problem. Windows 10 "recognize" the DNS of my company differently from windows 7. So I had to put the complete path to the server, for example, "powerdesigner.server.com" instead of just "powerdesigner" which is my DNS.

Did I made myself clear?

Thanks

Answers (0)