cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty JOBSERVER on datastore type ADAPTER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a Adapter to try to use the JDBC to connect on RedShift or PostgreSQL. The adapter is running well without problem. See image below.

But on BODS Designer, when I try create a new DataStore, on the first window of creation, the "Job Server" option of "DataStore Type: Adapter" is not showed. The option is empty as image below.

What I have to do to show the "Job Server" on this configuration window?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vitor,

Have you coped the RedshiftJDBC41-1.1.7.1007.jar under C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\ext\lib on your job server

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

I have the RedshiftJDBC4-1.1.7.1007.jar file under /opt/java/lib/, so that the Adapter is working how you see on imagens above.

But, if is really that you say in other post "JDBC adapter will not help us it will only allow you to use the tables as a source only.", I will take off JDBC from my testing, because what I need is use AWS Redshift as Data Target.

Do you have any SAP reference link saying that JDBC does not work with Data Target?

Thanks

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Data Services What's New, section 5.1 Connectivity: Big data and CDC

"

Generic JDBC adapter instance

The new JDBC Adapter data store is designed for data sources that provide JDBC connections, it uses Data Services Adapter SDK, it’s recommended for data sources which only support JDBC connections.

"