cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Expiration Date

vagabond123
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to find the classes/objects used to retrieve password policy or set a policy for Enterprise Authentication using .NET SDK . Don't seem to find any details about it . my basic requirement is to find users whose password are about to expire in a day or two and update their passwords etc..

Does anyone has any ideas or details about it? if so, do you mind sharing your experiences?

Thanks for all your help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to include the field "SI_LAST_PASSWORD_CHANGE_TIME" in your query to get the relevant info for the user.

To find out what the limit is for the system, use this query:

select SI_ID, SI_MAX_PASSWORD_AGE from CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS where SI_NAME = 'secEnterprise'

SI_MAX_PASSWORD_AGE will give you the maximum age in seconds that you can use to add to the SI_LAST_PASSWORD_CHANGE_TIME value to get what you're looking for.

You'll probably only be able to get the Password Age value by going to the .Properties of the InfoObject returned from the query.

-Dell

vagabond123
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dell, I think I spoke too soon. I am able to see that property from SDK (I tried from query builder and couldn't ). Thanks for your help. I am marking this as correct answeer.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vagabond123
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dell, Thank you for your response. I could find SI_MAX_PASSWORD_AGE , but not able to get SI_LAST_PASSWORD_CHANGE_TIME from user info object. I am using BI 4.1 SP6.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help