cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boyum TabControl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We're having some trouble getting TabControl working on Boyum, or even coming up at all to begin with. Does anyone here have any experience with this AddOn? You've supposed to be able to hold CTRL + Shift + Double Click on a System from and re-order the tabs by using a "recording" method of some sort as shown in the video below, but we can't seem to get the interface to even come up at all.

Tab Control - The Basic - YouTube

We've disabled all other AddOns to ensure that they aren't intercepting Mouse Click or Keyboard events, and it's still a no-go. It's almost as if even though we have Boyum installed and running, the Tab Control feature just isn't there at all. We have Boyum Usability Package version 2014.02, SAP version 9.02.230 PL 13.

Something that makes me suspicious is that I noticed that we seem to be missing some UDFs that are shown in the original video linked above. I understand that different versions of an AddOn may have different UDF settings, but I wouldn't think that the UDFs would just disappear. Here is a screenshot of the "official" UDF list from the video:

And here is a screen shot of our UDF list:

Notice that BOY_61_TABCONTROL is missing from our list, along with a few others.

Boyum says to contact our SAP Partner, but our SAP Partner charges for support on issues like these, so... any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Westley,

It sounds like this is about one of a couple of possibilities:

• The B1UP addon was not installed correctly
  • The B1UP addon was not installed with all available features
  • You are running a(n older) version of the B1UP addon, that does not have this functionality
  • You are running a(n older) version of B1 that does not allow for the addon to provide this functionality.
  • You need to activate or do something in B1 or the addon, for this functionality to become available.

Hopefully someone here has experienced the same issue, but otherwise whatever the case, unfortunately it is up to your SAP Partner, or the SAP Partner who sold you the addon, to provide the solution.

But...

When the addon was installed you should have at least been provided with documentation for your specific version of B1UP. If your SAP Partner  has taken the easy road, and just given you links to Boyum's instructional videos, you might argue that they are in breach of contract, and must provide the solution for free...

Also B1UP can be supported by other SAP Partners than your own...

Also, B1UP is very good, but it is not the only one...

Also, you are entirely free to choose which SAP partner you want to work with, and there are plenty of others...

(wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out that whoever initially setup Boyum on our system didn't setup Tab Control. Apparently, there's an option in the Boyum configuration wizard to turn this feature on. I wasn't even aware that there WAS a configuration wizard!

You can find it in Administration -> Add-ons -> B1 Usability Package -> Configuration wizard

So if anyone else is having trouble, check Tab Control here:

Answers (0)