cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom domain for a key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a BODS based data source from which I am getting a jey figure like DEC 7 upto 4 decimals places. Now I have created a  Key figure Infoobject of NUMC type(DEC 17 upto 3 decimals please) . This has result in rolling of decimals places from 4 to 3 decimals please. My load are working fine except the rounding of key figures in DSO from 4 decimal(from Datasource) to 3 decimals please. But business want to retain 4 decimals places.

So I create as custom domain of type DEC (7) upto 4 decimals places(total length as 9) & replace the keyfigure standard domain with this customized domain .

Also I updated the domain name entry in the table RSDKYF for the given keyfigure for both the entries( A and M) . After this when ever I am trying running my load , I am getting dump 'ASSIGN_TYPE_CONFLICT' .

Where I am going wrong . Load is running good with standard domain ( DEC 17 upto 3 decimals paces) but fails with custom domain (DEC 7 upto 4 decimals places.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Fox

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fox,

u may already done this , but although after making changes have u reactivate transformation and DTP ?

if yes and still u get dump, then delete old transformation and dtp and try to create new one between src and target ... give a try .. and let us know..

Regards,

Hitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Strange but yet , I simply delete the old DTP & recreate and it works for me. SAP sometimes behaves abnormally..

Thank you all guys

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fox,

I think that the number Key Figure is not defined long enough. I suggest to try a custom domain with data type DEC 17 long and 4 decimals.

Please refer to the following SAP Notes and SCN document (which you probably have done already):

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fox,

Note : 460652 - Extending Key Figures in BW.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you tried using DataType FLTP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fox,

Instead of changing the standard domain, change the decimal places in key figure properties , give a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

Tried the way you suggested, but it won't work for me.

Regards,

Fox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fox,

Did you got any error? have you tried setting the key figure properties in bex to "use default" under number of decimal places? (or) change the number of decimal places to 0.0000 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti, No I didn't get any error but the updayed data in DSO is rolledup from 4 decimal places to 3 decimal please as realier (say we have .0625 in the PSA & inDSO it turns to .063)

Regards,

Fox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fox,

After changing the key figure properties, did you load any new data to DSO and check how they are displaying?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, nothing happens

DSO data is rolledup from 4 decimal places to 3 decimal please as realier (say we have .0625 in the PSA & inDSO it turns to .063)

Regards,

Fox

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you check the newly change key figure in DSO? does the decimal places reflected in it?

refresh dso, then activate the transformation , dtp and reload data from PSA.