Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS personal information for employee

martin_svik2
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

i have the following requirement for ESS:

HR department want to have a point where they can enter employee specific Information in "short words" -> like "Please change your bank account IBAN". When employees enters ESS via NWBC this "employee message" should be displayed somewhere there.

Is there any SAP standard way to achieve this ? This means:

1) Is there any infotype to enter the text on employee level ??? (and i mean NOT IT 0128, as there are only text modules allowed, and no flexible text).

2) Is there a way to display this "free text" in ESS for the employee ?

br Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

so it ll be employee specific? not sure how you are gonna determine those employees ?

any specific attribute etc?

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3518099

martin_svik2
Participant
0 Kudos

there can be 2 situations:

1) really single employee specific -> for an single employee

2) for a group of employee -> e.g. for a specific pers.area, cost center, org.unit, list of pers.numbers, etc...... should be flexible.

so i have two problems:

1) the backend ! where should HR department enter the data ?

2) ESS: The link you sent me is the application for personal profile. where should i display the info from backend there ?

br Martin

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

well it wont be easy, as we dont have tools to enter for specific employee. You need to trigger that using a BADI and should be automated like known customisation or other warning messages but cannot be made dynamic, than that would require modification etc

have you checked help centre? where Admins can enter help text but then again its static and wont change for each employee!

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3692475

martin_svik2
Participant
0 Kudos

well, maybe the personal profile is not that bad idea ! i think personal profile is THE place to show this information in ESS.

is it easy to add an new infotype there ? what if we use a new 9xxx infotype in backend.  how can i display it in ESS personal profile ?

I know everything about creating a new infotype in backend ! so thats not the problem ! question is how to add this in personal profile without huge effort ?

br Martin