Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to default the External BP Number in Supplier UI

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having an requirement to make the  next available BP Number as defaulted on the UI for the  BP Group having the external number range.

I have done all the configurations as per the standard documentation for making it as external number range for that BP group, but currently the requester is entering manually the next available number in the UI , but how can we make the next available number as defaulted for that BP Group.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

Regards

Prateek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution for you is to use internal number assignment and the system will do everything for you. Now, for some reason, you want to use external number assignment. As Kiran said, you will have to write code to do so. One possible place you can enhance is the FPM feeder class for the BP number UIBB. You can enhance the GET_DATA method there by assigning a value to the field and making it read-only so the user does not change it.

You can try it and see if it works for you. Again, the recommendation is to use internal number assignment properly. You can use separate number ranges for different BP groups.

I would encourage you to revisit the requirement and understand if it is really necessary to go through all the trouble before making the FPM feeder class changes/enhancements.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek

Only option is to write code. Can't use standard way.

Kiran

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

Thanks for the reply.

yes, it should be customized through code only, but where I need to write that logic as its a Type 1 entity and can the Key value be changed, if so how can it be change.

Regards

Prateek

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any Inputs/suggestions please.

Regards

Prateek