Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SUM not starting

OS:  MS Server 2012 R2 DB:  MS SQL 2012 SAP Solution Manager 7.1 x86 64-bit Kernel:  721 patch 400 Host:  SAPERPTEST SID:  UTS Instance:  05 User:  sapadm Variable SAPMNT:  E:\usr\sap Hello, I haven't used SUM before, so I set up a test server for practice.  I installed Solution Manager and now am at the point of testing SUM.  I downloaded the latest version (SP14) and extracted it using sapcar.  The first time I tried to run "startup", I received the following message: Directory of the SAP system SAPE:\usr\sap\SAP does not exist. In my case, shouldn't it look for \usr\sap\UTS?  As one suggested work around, I created a "SAP" symbolic link pointing to E:\usr\sap\UTS.  "Startup"  immediately failed.  I recreated the symbolic link to point to the directory that I unloaded SUM into (E:\SUM).  Now when I run "startup", I receive the following error: [ERROR]:  Unable to detect an abap and/or AS Java instance of the SAP system SAP installed on host SAPERPTEST [ERROR]:  com.sap.sdt.server.core.services.ServiceException [FATAL]:    Error during controller startup. [FATAL]:    SL Controller exiting. (Note: Before running startup, the DB is up and running.  The system is fully accessible.) Does this error mean that it is looking for a SID called "SAP"?  If so, is there somewhere to change the configuration to get it to look for "UTS"?  I've looked where I downloaded the software, does anyone have a link for step-by-step instructions on installing SUM?  I can't seem to find it.  One last bit of information:  There are no old profiles on the system. Any help would be appreciated!

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question