SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable VMS vehicle For DBM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am a beginner in SAP VMS. I am trying to enable a vehicle created in VMS for DBM with the action QDBM. The system is throwing an error " Elementary actions for the interlinked action is not executed"

I checked the action QDBM and it has two interlinking QVED and QIOG. QVED is defined as an internal action. Kindly let me know of the steps to enable a vehicle for DBM.

Thanks for looking into the post.

Manimegalai

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In the application tool bar on velo screen you will find LOG button icon, after you get error on action screen press that button and you will get the details of error message of exact reason

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

Than you for your valuable comments. kindly find below the screenshot of the LOG. When I execute the action QDBM it is throwing a warning message "Elementary actions for the interlinked action is not executed"

kindly let me know how to proceed.

Manimegalai

0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

This means that system is throwing the message on action QIOG.

QIOG action is to create an internal order against the vehicle when the vehicle is enabled from VMS to DBM vehicle.

Please refer SAP note :

1971974 - Vehicle Internal Order Group is not created when action QDBM is executed from VELO transaction

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

0 Kudos

I think the issue is you have not created a model sales code for the material of the vehicle master in transaction /DBM/VMODEL.

Define the Model sales code in transaction /DBM/VMODEL, then it should work.

Please confirm

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki

0 Kudos

You need to assign your material created to model Sales code

t-code - /DBM/VMODEL

You can give anything to your Model Sales Code and assign your Material and primary and secondary Action matrix to it.

You can mention Plant and Sales org for the same.

0 Kudos

HI Manimegalai,

Sorry was not able to get back early.

Seems MODEL GUID is not getting populated properly while creating vehicle master into DBM from VMS, hence you are not getting error in DBM .

Do below implement BADI /DBM/BADI_VEH_VMS

Copy code of fall back class /DBM/CL_DEF_IM_VEH_VMS  and then implement method

/DBM/IF_VEH_VMS~ENABLE_VMS2DBM here use custom code and populate field EV_MODEL_GUID

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The material is already assigned to the model sales code. Still the am getting the same error. Kindly let me know of the Pre-requisites for executing QDBM. I have created a vehicle with action CREA and we have created customized actions for PR creation till Invoice registration. Now I want to use the vehicle in DBM.

Waiting for your valuable response.

Manimegalai

0 Kudos

hi Mani,

Can you create same vehicle in DBM directly ? using /DBM/VM and check what error you are getting ?

Regards

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

In DBM I am able to create vehicles. Create same vehicle in the sense should I create a vehicle with same number? kindly enlighten me on this process.

Manimegalai

joachim_kirstein
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manimegalai,

In order to enable VMS vehicle to DBM please check DBM 800 configuration guide chapter 15 Vehicle, which you can download from SAP market place.

All settings have to be made for DBM vehicle.

Regarding action QIOG you have to assign ordertype e.g. Q200 for internal order.

Regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joachim,

I already referred chapter 15 but there isn't much information. It simply says we can use QDBM for enabling VMS vehicles for DBM.

Kindly let me know of the steps to be followed after creating a vehicle in VMS.

Manimegalai

0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

If none of the above suggestions are working out, Please raise an OSS message against the same.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki