Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculated inspection lot characteristics - Function parameters

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have an inspection lot which is created off the back of a production order for a given material. Within which I have 6 characteristics - the first 5 are single value results and the 6th will be a calculation based on the contents of the first 5, plus some additional business logic that needs to be applied.

I can run a simple formula based on the contents of the previous characteristics, likewise I can call a custom FM. What I cannot do is call my FM for char 6 and pass out the results of chars 1 - 5. The documentation in config would suggest that this is possible but as yet I've been unable to achieve this. I have looked as user exit EXIT_SAPLQEEM_015 but this does not get called via the results recording interface (QA32 or QE51N).

Can anyone advise on how I pass char results to FM as import parameters please?

Regards

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Take a look at function QEFC_FORMULA_CALC_EXAMPLE that is provided as a copy model. In there, you have access to T_QASETAB (Table of all single results) during execution. That should give you what you need from chars 1 - 5.

Regards,

John

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the response. As per attached as I have implemented the standard FM QEFC_FORMULA_CALC_EXAMPLE  but at the point that it's invoked by char 6, T_QASETAB is initial. Do I have to pass chars 1 - 5 as import parameters in my formula definition?

Regards

Nick

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

No, you shouldn't have to do anything else additional. Do you have results entered and valuated for any of the characteristics in the lot?

Regards,
John

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I do have results as per the s/shot. I wonder if it could be in the definition of chars 1 - 5 perhaps.

Regards

I

Nick

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would appear that standard SAP FM (QETM_FETCH_TABLE_QASETAB) that reads the buffer for the characteristics results is not returning any data which is why T_QASETAB remains initial. Perhaps there is some config around the buffering of the results fields. I will investigate.

Regards

Nick

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Nick,

It looks like the characteristics have to be set for single results recording to fill that structure

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Chars 1 - 5 are all defined as single results.

Regards

Nick

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, the screenshot of results looked like the option to expand single results was greyed out. If they are defined as singles, I'm not sure what the problem is offhand then....

Regards,

John

nicholas_taylor6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for your input John.

Regards

Nick