cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order Tax Date and Tax Due Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone please tell me the relevance of Tax Date and Tax Due Date on a new purchase order form.

I need to understand how these fields interact with the system as the tax date of anything should be the "invoice" receipt date which should be determined when the invoice is posted against a purchase order.

Do these fields affect any postings? See attached image.

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jaydeep,

If you see entries in the UI, which are underlined, you see details for this field.

In this case you see that the tax date is relevant for the tax calculation, the tax due date (in the section "Tax Return" of the PO Item -> Taxes screen) is used for the determining the relevant tax declaration.

Please check and let me know, if you have questions.

Best regards

Marlene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand what you are saying but the tax point of an expense is date of receipt of invoice.

So when raising a purchase order, what is the relevance of tax date and tax due date? as this should be determined when the invoice is booked in. As the invoice receipt date is unknown, the tax date cannot be specified. Unless the purpose of this field is  to determine the valid tax rates based on the date entered?

Does the tax date field on the purchase order affect/make any journal entries? as this is a mandatory field.

0 Kudos

Hi Jaydeep,

I checked the process and my expectation (hope ?) was that the values are sent from PO to SIV and maybe adjusted based on the values.

My findings:

- Tax Return date is not displayed at all in the SIV and so also not updated from the date.

- Tax Due Date in SIV is updated from the invoice date, which is correct.

Based on this I agree that the field doesn't make sence. I will check with development if we can remove this field.

Best regards

Marlene

Answers (0)