cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Level Authorization in Complaint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement of field level authorization in Complaint. When user create Complaint, all fields should be editable, however, during change only certain fields will be editable. For example, Status field. I tried authorization object CRM_FLDCHK but fields are non-editable even at creation of complaint. My requirement is that all fields are editable during creation, but only few fields are editable during change. We are using CIC.

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arya,

Could you please kindly let me know in case you have any progress in terms of this request as we here also get such a BR to provide the edit right only to certain users?

Appreciate your reply, many thanks in advance.~

Best Regards,

QQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QQ,

You will have to use custom authorization object for this BR. Give authorization to only create the transaction in this authorization object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arya

Look at the screen configuration for the Complaint Object, does it differ between Create and Edit? If so you can just use screen config mode in Edit Mode to make the fields you want to protect Display Only.

Failing that it may make more sense to look at the Access Control Engine (ACE) functionality. There is enough content on the web regarding this, check it out.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thanks for your input. I am new to ACE. Please guide on how we can achieve field level access control using ACE. Any specific Class or Interface for this?

Screen configuration for the Complain on edit is same as in new complaint screen, so we can't use it.

Regards

Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arya

As I mentioned above there is already quite a bit of documentation on the Web already.

Start here:

CRM Access Control Engine - SAP Library

Regards

Arden