Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Unit creation using RHUWM_INITIAL_LOAD.

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am trying to create Handling Units using the SAP standard program RHUWM_INITIAL_LOAD.

This program takes the input from logical files in the structure of RHUWM (DDIC Structure).

I am getting a data file of this structure type, to be used in this program and create Handling units in SAP.

In my file in a single row I am getting header and Item data. (Every header has single item)

As per my understanding (correct me if I am wrong), this program takes header and item separately. For header ITEM_TYPE = 'H' and for item ITEM_TYPE = '1' (i am passing this value); this way the program identifies record is header or item.

There are two more fields used as unique combination to create message logs: 'TOP_INDENT' and 'LINE'. I am not sure about these two field values, I using some dummy values (can you suggest me something on this too).

Now, I am unable to create any HU in this way. In the best case, I found a record which says to be created but not posted. Please consider the screen shot below:

I am novice at handling unit functional knowledge. Please let me know if my approach is correct or wrong.

Thanks in Advance..

- Supriyo

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This program is meant to transfer legacy HU with stock to SAP HU. By reading your post , I am not sure if this is what you wanted. If you simply want to create HUs in SAP without being used anywhere why don't you use some custom solution by using some standard BAPI like BAPI_HU_CREATE.

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Supriyo,

The most you wrote is right. The structure RHUWM is used for the the Header = 'H' and an other line for the items = '1'.

Maybe I'm not right but i use parts of this programm ( and the structur is included in this part) for migration of HU.

I use the 'TOP_INDENT' to identifiy which Item belongs to which header (for example the are more items in one header).

The 'LINE' is used for a linecounter for each handling unit. Header got 1, first Item 2, second item 2 and so on. If you only got headers and only one item the value in your file should toggle from 1 to 2. 

I added two lines of a file I use. I hope this will help you.

"

100                   1    1                    H    E    100001                       561    X    100                  KG                            500.000            500.000    KG                                                                                                                     HU     VVV      CONTAI1  SOMETEXT                                                                                                              1          1.000    ST                        1000    1099         Q               20150101                  561              
100                   1    2                    1                                      561    X    100                  KG                            500.000            500.000    KG                                                                                                                     HU     VVV      CONTAI1                                                                                                                         1          1.000    ST     123456            1000    1099         Q               20150101                  561               

br,

Nikolaus