Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL iviews displayed automatically when the role is clicked

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created 3 roles under which there is a common folder(entry point i.e. displayed in the top level navigation) where there are 3 URL iviews assigned to that roles.

I am able to see the iviews on clicking the common folder at the top level.

But the issue is when I click on that folder that is in the top level navigation directly the first iview in the second level is displayed in a separate window.

But my requirement is when i click on the top level folder i should see the second level navigation where the iviews are there and then on selecting a particular iview i should be able to open that iview in a separate window.

Is there any property on the iview or the folder need to changed in accordance with this or is there any other strategy?

Kindly guide me on this issue.

Thanks in advance

Deepak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member428600
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Steffi and Nadav for your replies.

Experts,

Now I have a new requirement where I need to implement quick links on my home page.

Actually I have created a page Home(a 2 column page) and I have also assigned 3 URL iviews to that page with their respective quick link properties defined.I also have a role to which this page is assigned.

Now I need to implement quick links for the 3 URLs in the second column of the Home page.The issue I am facing is when I click on that role on the TLN the 1st URL inside the page is automaticaaly opening in a new tab.

Kindly guide me on this as how can I achieve this.

Regards

Deepak.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

please create a new thread for that and close this one (see ), as it is very confusing to discuss multiple issues in one thread, especially for people who have the same questions and search for them.

Regards,

Steffi.

former_member186017
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

You can add a "workset map" iView with the URL iViews as sublings and locate it as first entry in the folder. That way, once clicking the folder, the "workset map" will show-up in the content area displaying the other iViews.

BR,

Nadav.

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I get around this by creating a kind of "Overview" or "Information" iview that displays some text etc (e.g. a document iview to a source in the KM) and put that as the first entry (before the other iviews, that call up some content).

As far as I know you can't prevent the portal from opening the first entry.

Regards,

Steffi.