cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPConnet :: Email notification uses wrong FROM Address

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am facing an issue with certain background users.

when these users try to send email to some recipient, sender email address comes as SAPUSER@default-domain.

I am facing this issue in 2 scenario. one while send email notification during PO release strategy using workflow. In this case sender email id shown is

WF-BATCH@default-domain. where in it has to be the one maintained in SU01.

In second scenario I have scheduled few background jobs. On execution of these jobs I send Email to few recipient. In this case the sender ID shown in Email is SAPUSER@default-domain. wherein it has to be the one maintained in SU01.

Kindly advice if any one has faced same issue in past.

Regards,

Bhawarlal C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhawarlal,

1)   one while send email notification during PO release strategy using workflow. In this case sender email id shown is

WF-BATCH@default-domain. where in it has to be the one maintained in SU01

Answer : all workflows will be carried out by user WF-BATCH ,in this case ,please check  and change the WF-BATCH user address from SU01

2) In second scenario I have scheduled few background jobs. On execution of these jobs I send Email to few recipient. In this case the sender ID shown in Email is SAPUSER@default-domain. wherein it has to be the one maintained in SU01.

Answer:  Review the job step  from 37 and see  the user name who is executing the the job step and review the user email address details.

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhawarlal,

When you go to SOST and see the email in concern. Docuble click on the sender and see what EMAIL address is maintained over there.

Regards

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Problem is when Emails are send out of SAP sender ID generated is SAPUSERNAME@Default-domain. Where in we want Sender if to be picked from  SU01. Once of the user is Workflow (WF-BATCH) user and other is BATCH-USER using which few jobs are scheduled. For rest of users we don't see any problem.

Regards,

Bhawarlal C

former_member199290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhawarlal:

So you are seeing issue with only 2 users?

1. Can you try to send a test e-mai while logged in as sender with which you are seeing issues? Check if you have this send test e-mail option available to  you in SOST or you can do it from SBWP as well. This way you can be sure that this issue is scenerio dependedent or something else.

Based on the outcome you can proceed further.

2. Try doing a route test from SCOT -> Utilites-> Route Test. You can specify the sender and receiver here. THen Routes -> EXplain. This test would check the entered address as one of the steps. Do you see something there.

Please check and update.

Thanks.