Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Range Fails When a New Member Added

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem which i think i should not have but the situation is this;

I define the interception of rows and columns as a name in excel below where column is dynamic;

So i expect that if there is a new bank, it will be dynamically in my name but the result i get is below;

Isnt it silly?

Thanks,

Emre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But i also need to sent the data to the system.

Emre

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but you have to explain your requirements in details with screenshots of the desired result etc...

Without this info I am unable to help!

"But i also need to sent the data to the system" - and what?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, at that area i would like to do a percentage calculation. The problem appears when we add a new bank because the formula doesnt automatically copied. So, i decided to create a range at that area and with macro i wanted to copy that macro to that range. Do you understand?

Emre

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't reinvent the wheel! Use local members for calculations - formula will be automatically expanded.

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but absolutely not clear!

Can you talk in the terms of dimensions, members, row/column axis of the report, etc...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vadim,

Thanks for your reply.

In my row axis, i have subsidiary dimension and in column axis i have bank dimension. Row axis is static but colum axis is dynamic, so when they add a new bank it will appear at the report. But the problem is appears when they add a bank to the beginning or ending which is caused by alphabetical conditions Lets say in the beginning i have "b" and "d" banks in the system. There is no problem when i add "c" bank which will appear in the middle; my range which i called as "name" in the previous message is dynamically expanded. But when i add "a" bank or "e" bank, my range is not dynamically expanded.

Is that enough?

Thanks,

Emre

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clear!

Unfortunately you idea with a named range will not work! There are other methods to get variable number of columns, but you have to explain - what for?

Vadim