cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Analyser doesn't show master data values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am facing a problem that when I create an infocube and load dimensions to the infocube (their InfoObjects are filled with manually-added Master data), when going to T-CODE 'LISTCUBE', it doesn't display any data even though there is data in infoobjects. It displays only the field's name without any data.

Furthermore, even when I try to use this Infocube in BEx queries for reporting and already changed the InfoObject definition at Extended tab to display the master data values, it displays only the values of characteristics and not the key figures values.

Could you please suggest any solution to this problem?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Best regards,

Regys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Regys

Could you please share some screenshots?

Meanwhile, have you ran the attribute change run for the master data attributes?

Did you create indices for the infocube?

Please explain the data flow of the infocube, meaning what is the datasource for this. Are you loading this for the first time?

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

thank you for your quick reply. Yes I have changed the attribute to master data attribute and also I have not created indices for the infocube.

Actually I loaded the master data manually to InfoObjects by clicking maintain button and yes, I am loading this data for the first time.

Should I try to load master data into a different way?

Thank you in advance.

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Regys

Loading master data could be of anyways. No issues with that. But after loading/maintaining master data, we should run attribute change run which is like activating master data information.

To do this, got to RSA1. Click on menu bar Tools --> Apply Hierarchy/Attribute change run --> Click on the infobject list --> Save the list (your master data infoobject should appear in this list). Then execute the job and check the data once this job is completed.

After this, delete the data and index in the cube, load data into the infocube and then create index after loading.

Let us know for any issues in this

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry again for writitng, I did the following:

'To do this, got to RSA1. Click on menu bar Tools --> Apply Hierarchy/Attribute change run --> Click on the infobject list --> Save the list (your master data infoobject should appear in this list). Then execute the job and check the data once this job is completed.' and everything went fine, the job executed fine.

But then I deleted the old infocube and then I created a new one and reloaded the master data after job was completed. I did also create indixes, but when I then check at 'LISTCUBE' the content, its still empty like before.(I have also selected all the checkboxes and it shows only the headers(fields name) but not the data into it.

Is there anything else, I should do so that infocube displays the data?

Thank you

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Regys

Master data is loaded and activated which is good.

How do you do the data load for your infocube?

Please explain the transaction data flow with screenshots if possible

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this case, as I manually added the master data, I just create an infocube, create dimensions, assign infoObjects to dimensions and key figures to key figures and then check and activate the infocube.

Sorry that I cannot provide screenshots.

Thank you,

Regys

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Regys

It seems you are working on BI system for the first time.

The activities that you have performed are for creating an infocube.

In order to load the data to an infocube, you need to create a datasource, transformation and DTP.

Please search on how to load data into an infocube to get more details about it. But you need to have an idea on the source data.

Based on the source data, the data flow differs. Please check with your business users or seniors in your team for more information

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will check it.

Best Regards,

Regys

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, I will try and see it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Regys,

Check whether the master data is activated and also display the data in the Master Data level.

Once done please check the LIST CUBE.

Regards

Vivek