cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re project phase config definition update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a project phase config definition let's say phase config A which has 5 stages and assigned to project type assuming we have only one project type in the system.  Now we want to consolidate it to 3 stages. If i modify phase config A to have only 3 stages, only new projects created after will carry 3 stages. Historical projects still carry the old 5 stages. What's more, projects duplicated from historical projects also carry 5 stages. What is good is that project workflow and approval still works fine in the old way for historical projects. however,

My question is is it possible to associate the new 3 stage phase config to historical projects as well? At least the new projects created after the config change by duplicating from an old project?

I've tried quite a few options but all ended unsuccessful. Curious if anyone has ever had similar requirements?

Thanks

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Still any advice on how to associate new phase config to the projects duplicated from historical projects?

Thanks

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

What version of Sourcing are you on? Do you have the possibility of replicating this behavior on a different business object (like UDO)?

If I'm not mistaking, I remember that this was not happening for UDOs specifically. Duplicated objects followed the last version of workflow.

If you share your exact version and SP I'll try to check for a workaround.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any input from anyone?