Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing parameters to an external webservice

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to write a procedure which takes certain fields from ADRC and sends it to an external webservice and catches back some new fields and writes it down to another table.

I don't really know how to approach this. I have the server details of the webservice and details of the input and output parameters required.

I also have installed soapUI to test the webservice and am in process of understanding it too.

Can anyone with prior experience on this guide me on how to start this code?

Thanks,

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam

How good are you at ABAP?

Regards

Arden

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

I've done a lot of BW specific ABAP but that's all.

Anyways, I am not working on a BW on HANA or ECC on HANA system. It's purely enterprise HANA.

Writing ABAP here is not an option.

Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam

This might be a technical stretch for you if this will be your first piece of development on HANA.

Do you have other developers who can assist or do this for you.

I'd not recommend this as your first development on HANA.

Regards

Arden

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've done quite a lot of dev on HANA with graphical views and some stored procedures but never something as advanced as this. Unfortunately, the others with me aren't skilled on this requirement as well. If you could give me some pointers, I could try to figure things out with some external help as well.

Thanks,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out http://stackoverflow.com/

Search on SOAP Web Service Population

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam

If your issue is resolved, please mark the thread as answered.

Regards

Arden

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

No. Unfortunately.. I still don't know what to write in the HANA system to do this.

SOAP UI is fine for testing the webserivce but I still am unsure of how to call it from the HANA code.

Regards,

Shyam