Scheduling stored procedures via XS jobs
I have a stored procedure that accepts a parameter. Like ProcedureExample('<SchemaName>').
Now I need it become schedulable via an XS job through the XS dashboard.
Unfortunately, I don't have a clue on how to start on this.
I found some links but no examples of how to do this but none of them explain how I can make the job pass parameters.
It would be a great help if someone could post an example.
1. You need to have sap.hana.xs.admin.roles::JobAdministrator privilege.
2. Create the stored procedure your talking about to run at regular intervals.
3. Create a job file .xsjob that defines details of the recurring task.
In your case it would look something like this run_procedure.xsjob
"description": "Runs the procedure",
"description": "Runs the procedure every 59th second every year every day",
"xscron": "* * * * * * 59",
4. Maintian the XS job's runtime configuration :
a. Login to XS dashboard using http://<WebServerHost>:80<SAPHANAinstance>/sap/hana/xs/admin/
b. Create the job by configuring it, you need to know the user_name, password, locale, start and stop time, Active.
c. Save the job
5. Enable the job scheduling feature in SAP HANA by doule click on system -> xsengine.ini -> scheduler -> enabled. (Need to have admin rights to do this).
6. Check the job logs, your scheduled job must be running every 59th second.