cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibilities for activating substitution in customized workflow in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have customized PO release workflow and agent determination is done through standard FM ME_REL_GET_RESPONSIBLE..

Currently we are running the standard report RMPS_SET_SUBSTITUTE to activate substitution for a particular person who is going on for leave during a particular period.An entry is getting created in table HRUS_D2 and showing the substitution is active as well for the period given.

The issue is the substituted person is not receiving the work item even after the substitution is active.I have referred below link for knowing about the configuration required in workflow to enable this substitution.

Configuring and setting up substitutions in SAP Workflow - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

I have also tried classifying the approval task as general forwarding allowed based on the above link. Upon classifying the task as general forwarding allowed I am not able to see the work item in anyone inbox.It is also also showing the message "This work item does not have any current agents".

Please suggest me how to enable the substitution and correct me if I am wrong in doing any configuration.

Thanks and Regards,

Siji George.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

you can set 'General Task' instead of 'General Forwarding allowed'.

Try refreshing the buffer using SWU_OBUF tcode.

Regards

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ibrahim,

Thanks for your reply.

Initially it was classifies as general task still its not working that is the reason I referred the link mentioned in my original post and changed the classification to general forwarding allowed.

Thanks and Regards,

Siji George.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siji,

There could be couple of reasons why a substituted person could not see the tasks for the user who is on leave.

1) Substituition is not setup properly. Could you pelase paste the substitution snapshot here?

2) Check the task classification? Check whether the user is allowed to receive the tasks or not?

3) You mentioned that when you try to classify a task as 'Generic task' you are getting an error "This work item does not have any current agents". This can happen either if you are trying to change the classification of any task that doesn't have agent determination active or if agent determination rule is not assigned to the workflow step. So, make sure you are classifying the tasks that has agent determination rule assigned to it and agent determination is active.

4) Check if both users are valid in SU01 or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you have both of below indicator in green status.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the substituted agent has  proper role and authorization assigned or not to perform the activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

Thanks for your reply.

I think proper role and authorization will only come into picture once the work item reaches inbox.

In my case the substituted person is not receiving work item. Please correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Siji George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

Thanks for your reply.

I think proper role and authorization assigned will only come into picture after a work item reaches inbox.

In my case the substituted person is not receiving any work item.Please correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Siji George.