Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search and result field option activation for customized field

former_member275900
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our requirement is to activate ‘search and result list option’ for ‘Due by’ field (Customized field)

We have checked the components and available field properties but couldn’t catch DUE BY field by name.

We know for enhanced field, that ‘search and result option’ is clearly visible and can be edited as per the requirement.

Have attached the document for reference.

Kindly guide us how to get it activated for DUE BY field.

Regards,

Aditya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hongyan_shao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might have to check the advanced search page you want the "Due By" to be on. And verify if the "Due By" field is in the structure used for the search criteria context node. If it is not there, it is not supported by standard. And whether it is not supported by standard or not is responsible by the bsp component. For example, if the advanced search is AI* component, it should be solution manager topic.

Regarding the "Search and result" option, when we activate it in enhancement, it will trigger extra structure and coding generation, thus there is no such option designed for standard fields.

Hongyan

former_member275900
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Hongyan,

Thanks for informative steps.

We use Configurable areas to do custom field addition and configuration. Could you please provide steps/docs/guide  on how to check advance search page and to verify the search criteria context node structure.

It will be helpful.

Thanks & Rgds,

Aditya

hongyan_shao
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

When you asked to set the search and result option, I assume that your requirement is to have this Due By field to be one of the search criteria in the advance search. Am I right?

If yes, you must have the page which you start the search, when you use the show configurable area you will be able to know the component and view. Please let me know the component and view name first. Then let's see how we can proceed.

Hongyan