Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Changed after Approval - Status 50

sudhahar_ramachandran
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

This is to understand CATS system behavior when rejected.

When a CATS entry is in created, the status is set to 20 - Pending for approval

After approval (Status 30) if the same record is changed, the original record status is modified into Changed after Approval.

And a new record is created for the same date with status 20. if the new record is approved, old record is set to cancelled - 60.

When this new entry is rejected by the manager, The latest record status is changed to 40 - Approval rejected

But what about the previous record? Ideally it should be changed to its original status as 30. (system already knows that this record was approved previously)

in my system I don't see any status change for this old record - it stays 50.

if my understanding is different, please let us know.

Thanks & regards,

Sudhahar R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AnkitaRC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhahar ,

The definitions of the statuses somewhat goes like this -

10 - Record still under processing ; record is under process , not yet ready for transfer to target components

20 - Released for approval ; record is now ready for either approval / rejection

30 - Approved and ready for transfer to target components

40 - Approval denied ; record rejected , cannot be transferred to target components

50 - Changed after approval; approved record has been changed , original record is assigned this status until new record has been approved. Reference counter allows you to track new record back to original record. Once new record is approved , original record is assigned status 60.

60 - Cancelled ; record was cancelled after approval . You cannot cancel a record if the profile settings determine that approved data may not be changed.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards ,

Ankita