cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find Tickets in my Territories

sathishg
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are trying to make use of territories to define our queues. This is for employee support functionality where this is recommended since it is not possible to assign employees to a new org structure in C4C. I created following:

1. I scoped in territories
  2. Created a territory structure similar to customer's employee support org structure
  3. Assigned an employee as employee responsible for sales to one of the territories (I tried processor role but this did not make the employee the owner of the territory). Can we assign multiple users to a territory. I am guessing we could use the territory team. But In the view Queues > Tickets in my territory I don’t see any tickets although two tickets have been mapped to the employee  territory. I logged a support ticket for this.
  4. I created a routing rule that assigned all tickets to a territory. This works.
  5. I adapted the ticket screen to display territory field. This shows.

The main issue is how do we assign multiple users to a territory and see tickets in the view ‘tickets in my territory’.

Regards,

Sathish Ganesan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a key user, go into Service -> Territory Management, create a hierarchy of territories that represent the queues you need, and assign employees to one or more territories. You can assign an employee to more than one territory when you define a territory to be a skill and the employee has more than one skill or responsibility such as "Email", "Social", "Phone". Once you route the ticket to the territory, any employee assigned to the territory (including the employee responsible), as well as any employee responsible of a higher level territory (similar to a regional sales manager having access to all of the individual sales reps territories) will have visibility to the ticket assigned to the territory if you setup territory access context for the ticket (similar to how you would setup territory access context for a lead/oppty/quote).

Furthermore, you may want to setup "personal queues", where each employee has their own territory. When you setup "personal queues", the employee is the employee responsible and no one else is assigned to this territory. This is used where if the employee uses the "assign to me" feature or manually sets the ticket processor to themselves, the workflow engine can be used to redetermine the territory and assign the ticket from the "skill" queue to the "personal" queue. This will prevent other users to make edits the ticket once it is owned by someone. If you setup the hierarchy of territories correctly, you would still have the manager of this employee assigned to a higher level territory, which will allow this person to have access rights to the subordinate territory even though they are not explicitly assigned to the subordinate territory.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

can you explain the steps in point 4, please?

I don`t know how to create such a routing rule.

How I see, you can add to a routing rule only tasks or surveys.

Thanks and regards Kathrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathrin,

You are probably looking at the Activity Plans routing rules.  Sathish refers to the Ticket Routing Rules, under Administrator -> Service & Social.

Kind regards,

Gab

sathishg
Explorer
0 Kudos

You cannot use the routing rule under Activity Planner. This is for tasks or surveys. Go to Administrator > Service and Social as explained by Gab above.