cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK11N - Cost Component View (Not Assigned Materials)

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While executing Material Cost Estimate, i found that some of the materials which belongs to Raw Material Type were shown as (Not Assigned). Attached is the screen shot which shows only one material as raw material and rest are shown as not assigned:

I have checked following settings:

- Cost Element 600000 is assigned on Cost Component Structure (OKTZ)

- All non assigned materials are marked as With Qty Structure and Material Origin under Costing 1 View of Material Master.

Please guide.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Zain,

there is nothing wrong with the cost estimate displayed in the screen shot.

If there was an error in the costing process the you would see it in the message log.

The cost component 'Not Assigned' is a short form meaning 'not assigned to a single cost component'. This always happens if the costing item has been valuated by cost roll-up of a cost estimate. In your example these are raw materials for which cost estimates were created/transferred. So, these raw material cost estimates might have a cost comoponent split (CCS) with values in several cost components (e.g. if you use overhead costs on raw material level or PIR with delivery costs). Then the costs of this raw material cannot be assigned to a single cost component in the next production level.

This is especially happens if the itemization contains semi-finished products.

In addition internal activities (and  processes) have 'not assigned' if their prices have a primary CCS.

Regards,

Johannes

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is itemization view..show CCS view screen shot..what message is giving when you are displaying CCS view?

Share screen shot and full message..

The material cost are shifted from lower level to top level and those cost are not assigned to Cost component on top level are shown as "Not assigned". You may check this by changing the display to Total/level/lower. Then can analyse the reasons.

System is showing correctly.

Kamal

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Kamal,

Thank you for your message.

The Screen Shot i have attached is for Semi Finished Goods (500000045) and the 'not assigned' materials are raw materials which are directly used in this material's costing.

I don't understand why system chosen one material out of ten materials as Raw Material and rest as 'not assigned' although all were raw materials?

I believe system should show real picture on itemization view as well.

Please guide.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zain

If RMs are bought materials and cost estimate is not required for them the 'with Qty Str' indicator is also not required. Also please mark them as 'Do Not; Cost' and try running CK11N again.

Regards

Rajneesh

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zain

I think you have assign all your materials in one CE as consumption so define mat origin in mat master and also tick "Do not Cost" indicator in costing view...and run again

Kamal

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Rajneesh,

RMs requires cost estimate execution each month from Planned Price 1 therefore we cannot mark Do Not Cost Indicator.

Regards,

Zain Bashir

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir

As per your valuation variant system is to pick price of RM from 'planned price' field in mat master it seems. But that doesn't mean that you are doing costing for RMs. So it will not make any difference in calculation. Try it (DNC) in test system.

Regards

Rajneesh

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Rajaneesh & Kamal,

We are using Material Ledger here and after every quarter we are changing RM/PM Planned Prices which became Standard Price after executing SCE of RM/PM and the respective variances are absorbed to SFG/FG based on consumption.

If i will tick on 'Do-not Cost' then system will not consider these RMs and PMs in Cost Estimate then how system will post and absorb variance if there is any price change in these RM/PM materials?

Furthermore, answering to Mr Kamal's concern, yes all raw materials are consumed using only one CE but i think this should not be the case.

Thanks